Wednesday 26 February 2014

Fickle Fate

Finding madness in life’s bitter dish
Eat like a mouse, drink like a fish

Clinging by nails, losing my grip
Clinging by nails, feeling them slip

Driven insane by worry and fears
Driven to drink that flows out in tears

Frustration and anger tearing apart
Noise in my head, pain in my heart

Limbo the place I’ve come to dwell
Emotions a prison, home but a cell

Thoughts they tumble, twist and whine
Thoughts so odd they can’t be mine

Drown them with the cheapest drink
But drunk or sober, think, think, think

No one to tell the things in my head
Solitary breakfast, alone to my bed

Escape into sleep is only too brief
Ponder if death would be a relief

Struggling on while heaving a sigh
Try to be strong though starting to cry

Did karma bring me to this sorry state
Or a cold, cruel twist of old fickle fate

No comments:

Post a Comment