Wednesday 5 February 2014

I Can't Stand Noise

I must be cracking on, I must be getting old
I can’t stand noise and I really hate the cold
 
Time ain’t nice and time ain’t kind
It screws with your body, screws with your mind
 
Every bloody day, another painful twinge
Makes you have a moan, makes you have a whinge
 
The years roll by with their wear and tear
The loss of youth’s none too easy to bear
 
Eyes start to fail and joints begin to grind
And don’t try to kid me that you don't mind
 
I had get up and go once, but it got up and went
Soon I will be ancient and craggy-faced and bent
 
It doesn’t feel fair and it doesn’t feel right
Getting up to have a pee four times every night
 
Can’t run for a bus, can’t run up the stairs
Hair once dark now awash with silver hairs
 
I used to have hot passions and lots of fire and drive
Now I need to check my pulse to see if I’m alive
 
I must be cracking on, I must be getting old
I can’t stand noise and I hate the blasted cold
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment