Saturday 25 January 2014

Bad News

The world’s so full of bad news, it’s twisting up my head
I think I’ll take two aspirins and retire to my bed

Conspiracies and crime and leaders oh so bad
All whirl around my brain box and it’s making me quite mad
 
Honesty is terminal, truth bleeds out its life
On a planet torn by violence and hunger, pain and strife

It makes me oh so angry to look upon this trash
And it’s given me a headache and a nasty little rash
 
Restful sleep eludes me, thoughts a boiling pot
Peace of mind, some gremlin has taken all I’ve got

Calm and cool two gentle moods I lost a long time back
My shrink don’t know just where they went, so I’ve given him the sack
 
I think I need a holiday, a break from rotten news
A stroll along the promenade to lengthen up my fuse

I’d love to leave this city, to go live by a wood
If I ever have the wherewithal, I think I really should
 
Where’s the point of fretting and grinding down your teeth
Go and fly a kite down on the common or the heath

But watch out for the bears, hiding in them there trees
They’re not the kind that eat you, but they’ll have you on your knees
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment