Monday 27 January 2014

Sick of Winter

I’m sick of bloody winter, can’t wait for spring to come
I’m sick of being trapped in here, sitting on my bum
Can’t wait to see some blue skies, this leaden grey’s a pain
Sick of cold, the chilling winds and constant peeing rain

Done with clouds like slate-grey wool and afternoons so dark
I need a little sunshine and a stroll down to the park
I’m sick of damp and hail - sick of snow and storms and sleet
Please let me turn the heating off and still have nice warm feet

Cheesed off with wearing thermals, even when in my bed
Tired of scarves, the gloves and coats and hats upon my head
If I was a wealthy man, then the summer I would seek
Buy myself a ticket and bugger off somewhere less bleak

Just like my fellow Britons, I’m stuck here in the gloom
And not just in this country, but here in my front room
But soon the sun will come again, like a blooming rose
Best of all, the girls appear and shuck off all their clothes

I’m sick of bloody winter, can’t wait for it to pass
I’m sick of being stuck in here, sitting on my arse
Can’t wait for balmy breezes and fingers that aren’t numb
And as the world comes back to life, I’ll get up off my bum

No comments:

Post a Comment