Saturday 25 January 2014

Black Dog

I have a black dog on my shoulder
It’s name sure isn’t Rover
Some days it whispers in my ear
“Jump off the cliffs at Dover”.
 
I have a cloud that follows me
Such leaden showers of gloom
Not so bad out on the street
But in my own front room?
 
There is a monkey on my back
He clings onto my jacket
If I only had a great big stick
I’d spin around and whack it.
 
Monkey, dog and darkling cloud
Their hatred so profound
T’would make their day to see me gone
That’s why I stick around.
 
Heavy the load they place on me
The pain they make me feel
But all three bastards cannot snap
This soul of tempered steel.
 
So do your worst, oh fickle fiends
Play tricks upon my life
You think you are the lords of hurt
But you ain’t met my ex-wife!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment